Sup Windy City? I’m going to The Makeup Show Chicago this year! I’ve never been to Chicago and I’m very excited to travel there next month. The Makeup Show LA was a blast, so I’m really looking forward to Chicago as it’s sure to be really fun too. I am attending this show as part of my “day job” – for those of you who don’t know, I do social media for Caboodles. They’re based in the Chicago area, so this sounded like a must-do! If you don’t follow Caboodles already, shame on you! Go follow on facebook, twitter, or subscribe to the Caboodles blog. Or do all three. It’s fun beauty & fashion-related content and we do regular giveaways, so why not? :)
If any of you are in the Chicago area or will be in town for the event, please get in touch with me! I would love to coordinate a meet and greet with all of you! Plus, since I’m not from the area I would love a guide for the good eats and shopping near the event venue.
Chicago. Makeup Show. YES! It’s over a month away and I’m already planning my shopping list. That’s how I roll. Type A? Me? Here’s what I’m hoping to get my grubby paws on, or check out…
- Embryolisse – I want a large size Lait Creme (maybe 2 if they have a good deal) and to pick up their lip balm and possibly the lotion micellaire too. I’m going to resist the urge to go crazy and buy everything. Maybe. ;) I do have to consider that whatever I buy has to fit in my luggage coming back from the show.
- Inglot – I couldn’t really get near the Inglot booth at The Makeup Show LA, but I’m hoping that might be different in Chicago. Fingers crossed. I need to take an index of what shadows I already have to make sure I don’t buy dupes. It’s also a lot easier to know what you want before you get there so you don’t have to fight everyone to swatch things. The MUAs helping people will be so so thrilled with you if you just show up and hand them a list! I plan on making a list ahead of time.
- Kevyn Aucoin – I plan on checking out the eyelash curler. So many people love it. I’m wondering if it will fit my eye better than the Shu Uemura curler I have.
- LA Splash – If they have a really good deal I might check out the colored mascaras and/or nail polishes. I am not placing them on my “must have” list at the moment though.
- Make Up For Ever – Their booth is pretty much always mobbed for the entire duration of every trade show I go to, hahaha. But I may pick up a couple things if I can sneak a paw in. There are some Rouge Artist Naturals that I’m thinking about.
- Mehron – Really really ridiculously pigmented eye shadows anyone? You betcha. I will be the one covered in swatches.
- Motives will be there, and I’ve never seen this brand in person so I want to check it out and see what’s up.
- Maybe I’ll finally cave on the Naked Cosmetics Ivory stacker?
- …and of course, Obsessive Compulsive will be there. Maybe I should finally try their polishes. I want to pick up some of the newer lip tars too. Can you tell I did not do much shopping at the LA show? Je regrette.
I hope to see you at the show!! What are you looking forward to?